We have acquired OEM versions of Evolv Vapor’s DNA 250 board. These are used in well-known mass market DNA 250 devices and though identical in performance specifications to a retail DNA 250, have two major differences:
- The tactile switches on these boards are of a different style than the retail boards. They are metallic, a little more “clicky, and require approximately 1.6 mm more button “reach” (flange depth). We are including 1.6mm “button extenders” to use with normal Evolv reference-spec buttons to work with these boards. Set of (3) 5mm diameter machined acrylic discs. CA glue or epoxy them to the back of your buttons (see picture).
- There are onboard LEDs near the fire button to indicate board statuses – 2 blues that light upon firing, and red/green for charging status.
These boards are a special buy, we do not have further access to them and when they are gone, they are gone. Packaging will be OEM/bulk. Includes charging tap socket, straight or 90 degree.
From the manufacturer:
The DNA 250 is the same size as the DNA 200, uses 3 cell series voltage input, utilizing the same mounting and layout for the buttons, screen, and USB with the addition of a few exciting features.
- 250 Watts max
- 55 Amp current output limit
- 2 Amp charging via Micro USB
- Onboard reverse voltage protection
- Higher current fuse
- Smoother control system for Stainless Steel wire with Temperature Protection
NOTES: Board startup requires power connection; they will not start on USB alone.
Datasheet available here.
Check out our temperature control information page here.