Things are going smoothly enough with our soft relaunch that we’re just going to consider things officially relaunched as of today. Thanks everyone for your interest and support!
Updated lead times
Here is the current lead time status on orders, based on situation:
- Orders that were ordered on the old site using the form, that have been paid before the relaunch: 1-4 business days from today.
- Orders that were ordered on the old site using the form, that have been paid via the new payment gateway: 5-7 business days from payment.
- Orders that were ordered and paid entirely on the new site via the new payment gateway: 7-14 business days from payment.
The situation with the transaction and shipping delays has unquestionably set us back, right at a time that additional publicity has caused a spike in orders. So these numbers are optimistic, and we are working hard to get a handle on the changing dynamics.
New payment system
As mentioned we now take orders and payments directly via this site. We are currently in the process of fine tuning our payment acceptance settings. Please make sure you enter your address and postal code accurately. If you encounter a payment decline, especially an AVS error, please submit a support request and we will work with you via email to get it resolved.
IMPORTANT: If you get a decline, do not keep trying to process the transaction! Each attempt marks some of your credit as pending, and this could eat up your credit line. If this does occur, you may be able to call your card issuer to have those pending transactions cleared. Otherwise they should clear by themselves within 24 hours.
Paying for previously placed orders
If you submitted an order form from the previous website order page, go to the Shop link, re-submit the order and pay using the new system. Upon successful processing, we will place your order in the build queue based on the date of your original order form submission. You can make any changes to the order you like, we will prioritize the submission via the new site. If there is a large change, e.g. XPV to XPV Mini, we may email you to confirm.
Latest XPV news
We are now shipping the XPV full-size mod with the DNA-30D and DNA-20D boards. The pricing has been adjusted to account for higher processing fees and in the case of the 30D mods, some additional and upgraded components, which are required to support the watt-lock feature and the higher amp draw from the battery.
- The DNA-30D model ships with a Sony US18650VTC4 30A rated, 2100 mAh battery, with the AW 1600 mAh available as an option. We will not be shipping it with the Panasonic battery, as that battery gets stressed a little too much by the 30w board near the top end.
- The “removable/both” pocket clip option is now listed as a separate item, so if you want to get both the clip and the non-clip spacer with your mod, you must add that item (one per mod you want it for) to your purchase.
- The 510 connector is now standard with all mods. However we can still do a native Ego connection, if you would like that, please specify in the notes field when you make payment.
- Case colors available are currently black and silver for the XPV full size, and black, silver and grey for the XPV Mini. We are intending to restock on blue– and add other colors — but this is a minimum 3-4 weeks out.
- We have small quantities of left-handed screen bezels. So if you are left-handed or want your screen flipped to read properly in the left hand, you can request a screen bezel with wording properly left-oriented. Please specify that in the notes when you purchase.
- We have added a few more button colors, see full range below.
Shipping is now calculated automatically via the cart software. Please verify that it is reflecting the correct options, USPS Priority and express for US purchases, and Intl Priority and express for overseas purchases. To force the shipping options to refresh, you can use the shipping calculator at the bottom of the Cart page.
Let us know if shipping proves flaky and does not work properly.
When you place an order, you are signed up for an account on Protovapor.com. We encourage user comments and reviews (and hopefully won’t regret that!) Existing owners can contact us for an account.
That’s it for now, thanks for your ongoing patience and indulgence.